Netlify lets you host a public version of your project for free, or you can create and host a password-protected version with Netlify's $15/month plan.
- Run your project in development mode
- Visit the settings page
- Open the deployment panel, and select 'netlify', then follow the provided instructions
Follow the directions provided by Netlify to set up a password for your site: https://docs.netlify.com/visitor-access/password-protection/
If you want your site to update on a regular schedule, you can use GitHub Actions (or another similar service) to schedule regular calls to a Netlify build hook.
Create a Netlify build hook in Site settings > Build & deploy > Continuous deployment > Build hooks This will give you a URL that GitHub will use to trigger builds
NETLIFY_BUILD_HOOKto your Github Repo's Secrets
- In your GitHub repo, go to Settings > Secrets > Actions and click New repository secret
- Add a schedule file to your project
- Create a new directory in your project called
- Within that directory, create another called
- Add a new file in
- Add the following text to the
main.ymlfile you just created. Be sure that the spacing and indentation is exactly as presented here, as it will impact whether the action runs correctly
- See your GitHub Actions run in the Actions tab of your GitHub repo