Evidence supports connecting to Google BigQuery by using a service account and a JSON key.
Follow the instructions below to set up your service account and get a JSON key.
Create a Service Account Key
- Go to the Service Account Page and click on your project
- Add a name for your service account, then click Create
- Assign your service account a role for BigQuery (scroll down the role dropdown to find BigQuery roles).
- BigQuery User should work for most use cases.
- BigQuery Data Viewer may be required (depending on your organization's permissions settings in Google Cloud).
- Reach out to us if you run into issues or need help with BigQuery permissions.
- Click Continue, then click Done. You should see a table of users.
- Click on the email address for the service account you just created, then click the Keys tab
- Click Add Key, then Create New Key, then Create
- Google will download a JSON Key File to your computer