In Evidence, you can include data directly in text by using the <Value/> component. This component takes a query result and displays a value inline in your text. You can pass it a single value, a table of values with a row/column reference, or a specific hardcoded value you want to display.
Result on Webpage:
- data - query name, referenced as a subset of Evidence's
- column - column name to pull values from
- row - (Optional) specific row number to display
- value - specific value to display (e.g.,
- fmt - use a format tag to override the default formatting
- <Value/> pulls the first row in a table
- If no column is specified, it will select the first column in the dataset (furthest left column)
Errors appear inline with your text - when you hover over an error, it will show you the reason for the error. width="650"/>
If you like to mock up reports before you're ready to fill in real data, you can also override the Value error with a placeholder. Input the text you want to use as your placeholder and it will appear in blue font with square brackets, inline with your text.
- placeholder - text to display in place of an error